Integers in the Real World
Connecting Integers to Finances
Imagine that you have graduated and obtained your ideal job! This project will help you connect what you have learned about integers to personal finances.
In this project, you will:
- Learn to describe income using an equation.
- Learn to evaluate your income based on given hours per week or a goal amount of money.
- Learn to make reasonable conclusions about finances.
- Connect the idea of positive and negative integers to credits and debits within accounts.
To complete this project you will:
- Complete the Ideal Job Worksheet to guide you in developing your budget. Be sure to show all work!
- Complete a 2-page, double-spaced, APA formatted report. In the report, you need to present your findings and explain the connections between your calculations and integers. Thoughts to include in the report include: What types of transactions are positive or negative? How can you write an expression to determine your income? How can you write an equation to solve the number of hours you need to work or the amount of money you need to make to reach your financial goals.