Description of Dance Styles
Select two styles of dance–such as ballet, modern dance, folk dance, and jazz dance–as described in your text.
Describe each style of dance, and include the following:
- History and development of the style
- Discussion of your understanding of the use of line, form, repetition, and rhythm in each piece
- Description of the inspiration for the work in terms of story, theme, and image
- Description of what the movements of both styles communicate to you in terms of mood
- Description of what influences each dancer, or the choreographer, in the performance of each style or creation of a new dance performance
- Include an image of the selected work, with APA citation.
Submit your assignment in one of the following formats:
- A 700- to 1,050-word paper
- A four- to seven-minute podcast or video