Instructions For this unit’s assignment, imagine you were an architect in ancient Egypt, Mesopotamia, ancient Greece, ancient Rome, or an Islamic country. Describe a building or complex that you would
For this unit’s assignment, imagine you were an architect in ancient Egypt, Mesopotamia, ancient Greece, ancient Rome, or an Islamic country.
Describe a building or complex that you would construct for a deity. Include the location, the name of the deity, etc. Remember you must employ design elements and building techniques appropriate for the era.
Address the following topic areas:
- Explain why you chose this historic era and deity.
- Identify the medium of the structure. That is, what is it made of?
- Briefly describe the building method or structural system used to create the structure. Use terminology from the course textbook about structural systems and terminology included in this unit’s required resources.
- What is this structure’s intended function? Why was it built?
- What are some of the characteristics of this type of structure? Where in the structure do you see these characteristics?
Your submission must be a minimum of two pages.
Use information from the Unit VI resources and lesson for this assignment. Additionally, you are strongly encouraged to search the CSU Online Library for journal articles. You may also search the Internet, but be sure to use only reliable websites such as Khan Academy/SmartHistory, school or museum websites, and other websites ending in .org or .edu.
Adhere to APA Style when creating citations and references for this assignment. APA formatting,