1. In a _______ integer model, some solution values for decision variables are integer and others can be non-integer.
b. 0 – 1
d. all of the above
2. In a total integer model, some solution values for decision variables are integer and others can be non-integer. TRUE/FALSE
3. In a problem involving capital budgeting applications, the 0-1 variables designate the acceptance or rejection of the different projects. TRUE/FALSE
4. If a maximization linear programming problem consist of all less-than-or-equal-to constraints with all positive coefficients and the objective function consists of all positive objective function coefficients, then rounding down the linear programming optimal solution values of the decision variables will ______ result in a(n) _____ solution to the integer linear programming problem.
A) always, optimal
B) always, non-optimal
C) never, non-optimal
D) sometimes, optimal
E) never, optimal
5. The branch and bound method of solving linear integer programming problems is an enumeration method. TRUE/FALSE
6. In a mixed integer model, all decision variables have integer solution values.
7. For a maximization integer linear programming problem, feasible solution is ensured by rounding _______ non-integer solution values if all of the constraints are less-than -or equal- to type.
A) up and down
D) up or down
8. In a total integer model, all decision variables have integer solution values. TRUE/FALSE
9. The 3 types of integer programming models are total, 0 – 1, and mixed. TRUE/FALSE
10. The branch and bound method of solving linear integer programming problems is _______.
A) an integer method
B) a relaxation method
C) a graphical solution
D) an enumeration method
11. The linear programming relaxation contains the _______ and the original constraints of the integer programming problem, but drops all integer restrictions.
12. The branch and bound method can only be used for maximization integer programming problems. TRUE/FALSE
13. The solution value (Z) to the linear programming relaxation of a minimization problem will always be less than or equal to the optimal solution value (Z) of the integer programming minimization problem TRUE/FALSE
14. The implicit enumeration method
A) generates an optimal integer solution when no new constraints can be added to the relaxed linear programming model
B) eliminates obviously infeasible solutions and evaluates the remaining solutions to determine which one is optimal
C) is used to solve a mixed integer linear programming model
D) cannot be used to solve linear programming models with multiple infeasible solutions
15.Types of integer programming models are _____________.
B) 0 – 1
D) all of the above
16. In a 0 – 1 integer model, the solution values of the decision variables are 0 or 1.
17. Which of the following is not an integer linear programming problem?
A) pure integer
B) mixed integer
18. In a mixed integer model, some solution values for decision variables are integer and others can be non-integer. TRUE/FALSE
19. Rounding small values of decision variables to the nearest integer value causes _______ problems than rounding large values.
none of the above
20. In using rounding of a linear programming model to obtain an integer solution, the solution is ___________.
always optimal and feasible
sometimes optimal and feasible
never optimal and feasible
Needs help with similar assignment?
We are available 24x7 to deliver the best services and assignment ready within 3-4 hours? Order a custom-written, plagiarism-free paper
Math homework helpDo not let math assignments discourage you from trying your best. One of our math experts can help you with math homework online. Our math tutors can help you with any level of algebra, calculus, or geometry. Ask your question to get the support you need 24/7.
Order Over WhatsApp Place an Order Online