1. Two $20 bills, three $10 bills, four $5 bills, and six $1 bills are placed in a bag. If a bill is chosen at random, what is the expected value for the amount chosen?
2. In a game you flip a coin twice and record the number of heads that occur. You get 20 points for 2 heads, 5 points for 1 head, and 5 points for no heads. What is the expected value for the number of points you’ll win per turn?
3. Consider a box with gift cards inside. The gift cards amounts are as follows: 10 gift cards with the amount of $5 each, 7 gift cards with $10 each, and 5 gift cards with $25 each. Find the expected value for drawing a gift card from the box.
4. “ Wheel of Fortune” just got a new wheel! On it, there are 12 slots worth $200, 8 slots worth $400, 5 slots worth $600, 6 slots with no money, 1 slot with $5000, and 1 slot with a car worth $25000.
a. What are the expected winnings on one turn (cash and prizes)?
b. If you get 12 spins, what are your expected winnings?
5. In a game, you roll a die. If you get a 1, you would win $50. If you roll a 2or 4, you win $30, and if you roll a 3, 5, or 6 you lose $25. What is the expected value of one roll of the die?
Needs help with similar assignment?
We are available 24x7 to deliver the best services and assignment ready within 3-4 hours? Order a custom-written, plagiarism-free paper
Math homework helpDo not let math assignments discourage you from trying your best. One of our math experts can help you with math homework online. Our math tutors can help you with any level of algebra, calculus, or geometry. Ask your question to get the support you need 24/7.
Order Over WhatsApp Place an Order Online