2 pages with ferernces please no plagirazm
Art criticism is the process of gathering facts and information about a work of art and the artist to describe, analyze, interpret, and evaluate art. Critiques of art that are published online or in newspapers can cause an artist to have success or failure because ultimately, art criticism requires making a personal judgment call about a work of art.
For this assignment, you will play the role of art critic and write a review after attending the opening of an Impressionist exhibit in Paris, France. You need to determine if the painting you selected deserves to be given a place in the Louvre Museum of Art. You must be sure to justify your decision and not let your own personal taste influence you. You will use the four-step process of critiquing art to help you write this critique. Select 1 work of art by one of the following artists. Copy the piece of art from the chosen artist into a Word document. Include the name of the artist, the title of the art work, the materials used, and the year it was created.
- Mary Cassatt
- Pierre-Auguste Renoir
- Claude Monet
- Edgar Degas
- Berthe Morisot
- Gustave Caillebotte
Complete the following:
- Use the four steps to critiquing art that are found in Chapter 9 of the Embracing Art textbook to develop a critique of the work. Be sure that you write a well-developed paragraph on each of the four areas, pointing to specific areas in the painting in your explanation:
- Description: Give the facts about the work of art.
- Analysis: Describe some of the elements of art and principles of design that are used.
- Interpretation: After researching the work of art, what do you feel the message of the work is?
- Evaluation: Based on everything you just described, you will give your own evaluation of the work and determine if the work deserves to be called a work of art.
Submit 1 Word document for this assignment. In-text citations and a list of references are required when including or paraphrasing any idea, fact, date, or other information from the textbook or other references.
*The images in the textbook are copyright-protected and cannot be copied. To find the exact painting, search the Internet by the artist’s name and the title of the work. Right-click, and copy the image. Open a Word document, and right-click and paste. If the image does not paste into your paper, try another image. Sometimes images are protected and cannot be copied. Wherever you do find the image, make sure to cite your source in APA style. If you are unsure how to cite an image, this resource can help you.