I’m working on a algebra discussion question and need guidance to help me understand better.
Jun 7 at 6:36am
Division methods – Concept analysis and examples
For a better understanding, and review, of different division methods you can find some excellent polynomial and rational function examples at the links listed below.
1. Please note, the synthetic division IS a restrictive method and can be used under certain conditions only. I included a very useful link with a nice comparison between the long and synthetic divisions. You will understand why we cannot use the synthetic method at all times.
You can find the link here. (Links to an external site.)
2. Polynomial functions – good examples and explanations at link 1 (Links to an external site.)
3. Rational Functions with real life examples/word problems at link 2 (Links to an external site.)
I hope this helps.
QUESTION===================================================================================== Your task for this discussion is as follows:
- Write your own polynomial division problem.
- Solve it using long division and synthetic division.
- Discuss which method you think is better for your example and why.
- In your responses to peers, compare and contrast your thoughts in analyzing their examples.